Description of work (possibly broken down into tasks) and role of partners:
A survey to assess, peer review and certificate each provider GSD, its wrapper & delivery, and its formal membership of the programme, including data capture for the improved metadatabase.
Undertake prior consultation with appropriate partners (e.g. GSD custodians, nomenclator custodians, editorial services staff) and prepare a Network Discussion Document, including proposals for:
i) Changes to the Data Standard for existing fields (if any),
ii) Changes to the Best Practice Document (if any),
iii) Possible extensions to the bio-data fields, including data supply requests (if any) from the Services Team, and
iv) possible internal service supply issues (e.g. name-alerts, comments from users, taxa from regional hubs, cross-checks with other lists, and unassigned name batches).
Network consultation and workshop with GSD custodians, Nomenclator custodians and Editorial Services Staff (WP 5), to explore each of the items highlighted in the Network Discussion Document; to explain and establish priorities for the pilot project for each database; to respond to requests from the Services Team, and to provide additional training days.
Two 2-month Pilot Projects undertaken per GSD database:
- for partially compliant GSDs to take a step up the compliance ladder (eg add fields or best practice)
- or for new GSDs (since EuroCat project), to install and test wrapper and delivery process. - or to install and test fill the new bio-data fields from WP 8.
- or to pilot participation in one of the new internal services of the programme (name-alerts, etc)
- or a fourth class, not available until later (to test install new e-2 system wrapper)
Network consultation and workshop reporting on progress with the four previous classes of Pilot Project and additional training days for the new e-2 system wrapper, with opportunity for the last set of GSDs to:
- undertake the fourth class of Pilot Project
- to test install the new e-2 system wrapper.